[j-nsp] SHDSL Interface bonding

Remco Bressers rbressers at signet.nl
Thu May 22 09:07:50 EDT 2008

I'm fiddling around with a J2300 with 2 2-port SHDSL on it.

On the first atm interface, i got the following config :

  at-0/0/2 {
        encapsulation atm-pvc;
        atm-options {
            vpi 0;
        }
        shdsl-options {
            line-rate auto;
        }
        unit 0 {
            encapsulation atm-ppp-vc-mux;
            vci 35;
            ppp-options {
                pap {
                    default-password "xxxxx"
                    local-name "xxxxxx";
                    local-password "xxxxxx"
                    passive;
                }
            }
            family inet {
                unnumbered-address fe-0/0/1.0;
            }
        }

This works flawlessly. I also have a seconds SHDSL interface at-0/0/3
which i want to bond with the first one. On Cisco's i used to do
ppp-multilink to get this to work, but the J2300 complains about an
ATM2-IQ interface which is needed.

In the specsheet there's support for multilink and bonding, but i don't
know how to configure it.

Is there anyone who can tell me how to do load-balancing between the 2
SHDSL ports?

Thanks!

Remco