[j-nsp] Floating default routes on M-series

Nicolaj Kamensek nk at accelerated.de
Thu May 22 17:10:50 EDT 2008

Junaid schrieb:

Hi,

> Thanks for the input David. Let me clarify; I am getting default route
> from my upstreams via BGP. But as I mentioned, I want to uplink the
> traffic of some specific customers via one upstream and in case that
> upstream goes down, I want the traffic to take an alternate path.

you could create the default-route within your routing-instance instead
of configuring it statically. You can simply do that by aggregating the
routes from your bgp-upstream to 0.0.0.0/0. That aggregated route will
disappear when your bgp upstream goes down. So just set your backup
default-route statically with a higher preference within the instance.

HTH

--
Accelerated IT Services GmbH
Schubertstrasse 10                        D-67251 Freinsheim