[j-nsp] Juniper support vs. Cisco TAC - experiences?

matthew zeier mrz at mozilla.com
Wed May 28 01:55:38 EDT 2008

I'm looking at the EX4200 as an alternative to Cisco's 3750G.  The
EX4200 is much less expensive than a comparable 3750G.

Current network is all Cisco and I don't have any experience dealing
with Juniper support outside of a couple SSG-5 issues.  I think the
largest barrier to Juniper is their support is an unknown and no one
wants a Cisco/Juniper finger pointing match when there's some problem.

Looking for real work experience with Juniper support (and even with the
EX4200s, as new as they are).

Oh, and Juniper doesn't do VTP or CDP (or Cisco doesn't do LLDP)!

--
matthew zeier | Network Engineer | Mozilla Corp. | (650)903-0800 x219