[j-nsp] Juniper support vs. Cisco TAC - experiences?

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Wed May 28 07:47:08 EDT 2008

It's been my experience that Juniper often will get you the answer you want, as opposed to simply telling you that you need to "upgrade your IOS".

Both TACs have their pros and cons...unfortunately, Cisco's TAC has more cons that pros, largely due to their size and product range.  Juniper's TAC is much smaller and so is the product pool.  Try opening up a ticket on Cisco's TAC site for a product that doesn't seem to fit into one of their pre-defined product listings/problem types and watch how often you get bounced around between departments.

Others' opinions will differ, I'm sure.  I've personally had much better experiences with JTAC on a whole, than I've had with Cisco TAC.

-evt