[j-nsp] Q-in-Q configuration on Juniper Gig interface

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Fri May 30 11:35:50 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 04:01:26PM +0200, sthaug at nethelp.no wrote:
> > > Note that you need IQ or IQ2 GigE PICs to terminate stacked VLANs.
> >
> > I don't think you need IQ, IIRC anything modern (SFP-based GE's, 10GE, MX
> > ports, etc) can do this.
>
> That is true for the MX ports, but not on "regular" M series PICs as
> far as I know.
>
> Have you gotten it to work?

The docs I have say flexible-ethernet-services was supported on 1GE SFP
PICs in 6.3, but there is no support for fixed-optics GE PICs. I haven't
actually tried it myself (the only GE-SFP PICs I used for double-tagging
just happened to be IQ), but I'm 99% confident that this works unless a
lot of people have been lying to me. :)