[j-nsp] Why should I *not* buy an MX?

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Fri Nov 7 21:11:27 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 10:50:29PM +0100, sthaug at nethelp.no wrote:
> >   I've done L2VPN (Kompella), L2Ckt (Martini), VRF, full BGP routes,
> > LDP, RSVP-TE on an MX960, and it all seems to 'work' so far.
>
> VPLS (BGP based), Martini, VRF, full BGP routes, LDP for Martini, IPv6,
> RSVP-TE on MX240 and MX480. It all seems to "just work" here too. Found
> one netflow bug (ifIndex field being set to 0 sometimes in the netflow
> export).

Funny you should mention it, yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of my
discovering that bug (both dst ifindex and nexthop fields are populated
with 0's). If you don't need either of those fields the rest of the data
is fine, but be warned that it will completely break some third party
software (like Arbor PeakFlow, for example).