[j-nsp] Why should I *not* buy an MX?

Bjorn Tore Paulen bt at paulen.net
Sat Nov 8 15:56:04 EST 2008

We have had kind of mixed experience with this platform. Used to M7i/M10i
which seems inheritantly more stable.

A couple of log entries that really fill up the logs;

kernel: RT_PFE: NH IPC op 35 (CHANGE FLOOD NEXTHOP) failed, err 1 (Unknown)
rpd[4786]: RPD_OS_MEMHIGH: Using 2151293 KB of memory, 101 percent of
available

Oh, and
rpd[4786]: RPD_ABORT: abort rpd[4786] version 8.5R3.4 built by builder on
2008-04-24 03:46:20 UTC: Cannot allocate memorytask_page_set_brk:
brk(0x8879c000): Cannot allocate memory

which probably resulted in

routing (PID 4786) terminated by signal number 6. Core dumped!

Half an hour ago..

/BT