[j-nsp] Why should I *not* buy an MX?

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sat Nov 8 23:09:54 EST 2008

On Sunday 09 November 2008 06:15:21 Richard A Steenbergen
wrote:

> For starters, you've got the previously mentioned global
> VLAN significance, which limits your vlan id flexibility
> significantly, as well as the scale of the box for some
> applications.

For us, this was one of the most compelling reasons the
MX-series has won our hearts over competing boxes from
other vendors.

This feature (if at all it's thought of as one) cannot be
underestimated.

Some vendors have started supporting this, but on newer,
more expensive cards that cannot be easily justified on the
customer-facing side.

Cheers,

Mark.