[j-nsp] Point-to-point olive link

Bit Gossip bit.gossip at chello.nl
Mon Nov 17 15:55:04 EST 2008

Experts,
how would you connect 2 olive instances running on qemu with a
point-to-point link across 2 of their fxp interfaces?
I am asking because I am rather out of options:
- if I create many tap interfaces the linux kernel bridges between them
and I end up with a big single broadcast domain spanning accross all all
of the fxp interfaces of all the olive instances :-(
- using the socket option
  -net socket[,vlan=n][,fd=h][,listen=[host]:port][,connect=host:port]
 the instance in listen mode crashes as soon as the other instance try
to connect
- the multicast option doesn't work:
 -net socket[,vlan=n][,fd=h][,mcast=maddr:port]

Thanks,
Bit.