[j-nsp] Redistribute Connected

Frans Legdeur frans at falco-networks.com
Tue Nov 25 00:53:38 EST 2008

Hi Brendan,

Looking through the other posts and your remarks, this looks like a problem
that your other i-BGP router doesn't accept the routes, does it?

First you have to ensure that inside your AS all networks are reachable
through an IGP like OSPF or ISIS. Not all of your attached networks have to
be part of your AS, so you might need some policies to import external
networks. Inside your AS, the IGP should do the job, outside the AS, BGP is
your friend. Also ensure that unknown segments are advertised internally, so
including the /30 between you and your transit neighbor, else your other
router doesn't know where he can find his next hop for the i-BGP routes.
(There are other ways to solve this, like next-hop self or add the interface
passive to OSPF/ISIS, but this is the best way to my opinion ;-)

All routes within your /21 should be arranged by your IGP, including the
alien /30's for interconnecting with your external BGP neighbors.

Kind regards,

Frans.