[j-nsp] IRB and 9.2 @MX

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Tue Oct 28 15:17:52 EDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 08:28:38AM +0100, Nicolas DEFFAYET wrote:
> I'm currently running 9.2 and IRB interfaces on MX work fine for me. I
> have only unicast traffic.
>
> 9.2R2.15 have broken interface counters (CLI and SNMP) on input
> direction for all physical interfaces in bridge-domains.

Shhhhhhhhhh don't jinx it, 9.2R2 is the first code in literally a year
that fixes all of my outstanding interface counter bugs (including that
same 0 input counter, double counting, etc) on routed and ae (both
parent and member) interfaces.

Who else misses the old Juniper, where they wrote well tested and
functional code that didn't randomly break the interface counters in
some different way with every release for a YEAR STRAIGHT? I swear Cisco
must be sending their coders over to Juniper's HR department as part of
an operation to make IOS look good. :)