[j-nsp] IRB and 9.2 @MX

Johannes Resch jr at xor.at
Wed Oct 29 03:32:03 EDT 2008

On Tue, October 28, 2008 20:17, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 08:28:38AM +0100, Nicolas DEFFAYET wrote:
>> I'm currently running 9.2 and IRB interfaces on MX work fine for me. I
>> have only unicast traffic.
>>
>> 9.2R2.15 have broken interface counters (CLI and SNMP) on input
>> direction for all physical interfaces in bridge-domains.
>
> Shhhhhhhhhh don't jinx it, 9.2R2 is the first code in literally a year
> that fixes all of my outstanding interface counter bugs (including that
> same 0 input counter, double counting, etc) on routed and ae (both
> parent and member) interfaces.

Really? Are you using P2MP LSP-based transport for multicast by any chance?
We see broken ingress counters for P2MP transported multicast traffic in
9.1R1, didn't have a chance testing this particular issue with 9.2 yet.

Since JTAC didn't come up with a existing PR so far, I'd doubt this is
already resolved in 9.2..

cheers,
-jr