[j-nsp] BGP multihop question

Campbell, Alex Alex.Campbell at ogilvy.com.au
Fri Oct 31 07:16:35 EDT 2008

Hi all,

We are in the process of bringing up an additional upstream provider to
our J4350s. They have given us two switchports on a /29, and told us to
establish multihop BGP sessions to their routers (which are on a
completely different subnet).  Each switchport will come back to a
different J4350 on our end.

My problem is that I don't get how our routers will know where to send
the BGP packets to the ISPs routers, as they won't have a route for them
(we are running defaultless).

I think I need to add a static route out to their BGP routers - is this
the correct approach here? Or am I missing something?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Alex