[j-nsp] How does juniper tells "particular network will be announced to all neighbors"

Dan Armstrong dan at beanfield.com
Fri Oct 31 10:32:58 EDT 2008

I banged my head against the wall forever on this.  Juniper has no
network statement...

What I have been told is that you essentially have to redistribute
"something" into BGP to get it in there... The most cisco-like way is to
redistbute a static route of exact prefix length into BGP.  That way, if
the static route exists, it'll be sent into BGP, if it doesn't (or is a
subnet or supernet) it won't.  Exactly like a Cisco network statement
and route.

 policy-options {
      policy-statement MyNetwork {
          term the-network {