[j-nsp] SSH from cisco router to Juniper Box

Rolf Mendelsohn rolf-web at internet.ao
Mon Sep 1 02:45:38 EDT 2008

Hi Rahman,

Many of the cisco IOS releases do not support ssh version 2, they support only
version 1 or 1.5.

By default i think BSD only allows version 2 and stronger cyphers.

From my router (running 12.4.18b):

cr1.lda6.ao>ssh ?
  -c    Select encryption algorithm
  -l    Log in using this user name
  -m    Select HMAC algorithm
  -o    Specify options
  -p    Connect to this port
  -v    Specify SSH Protocol Version
  WORD  IP address or hostname of a remote system

Regards,
Rolf