[j-nsp] OpenSSH V5.1 with ScreenOS

Marek Lukaszuk m.lukaszuk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 15:28:02 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 17:53, Ross Vandegrift <ross at kallisti.us> wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,

> Looks like something changed during a recent upgrade to OpenSSH V5.1.
> When connecting to ScreenOS firewalls, the firewalls closes the
> connection as soon as authentication has passed.
>
> We've got a ticket open with JTAC, but I'm not sure it's going to go
> anywhere quickly.  I've run into different quirks with Netscreen-SSH
> before, so I'm guessing there's some new option that confuses the
> firewall.  Anyone run into this and found a workaround?

I just tried and it works for me, I got those options in my .ssh/config

host  netscreen*
        Ciphers blowfish-cbc,aes256-ctr,aes256-cbc,3des-cbc
        KeepAlive no
        TCPKeepAlive no
        Compression no

 > ssh -V
OpenSSH_5.1p1 Debian-2, OpenSSL 0.9.8g 19 Oct 2007

I don't have any problems connecting.

/ml
0A56 B4CA 70A1 4B0A 56D5 9D37 4389 C45D 9C29 6669