[j-nsp] Multihoming servers to two Virtual Chassises

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Mon Sep 15 10:28:12 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 11:16:47AM +0200, Tore Anderson wrote:
> I'm about to deploy a stack of EX 4200 switches in a new data centre.
> My original plan was to make a Virtual Chassis, split it in two stacks
> and put those stacks in separate corners of the room, and then let the
> servers (running almost exclusively Linux) multi-home to both stacks
> (using 802.3ad).  In addition to this the switches will function as
> distribution switches for more peripheral parts of the network.

What software release were you testing with?  9.1R3 has a fix
scheduled for PR 295093 which describes a problem of lost connectivity
over a virtual chassis fiber link caused by not properly flooding
unknown frames over the fiber link.  Plain stacks (no VC fiber links)
worked fine when I tested it.