[j-nsp] EX4200 9.4R2.9 process crash on previously valid config

Robert Raszuk robert at raszuk.net
Thu Apr 2 19:25:14 EDT 2009

Hi Richard,

 > Honestly, I think you should just give up now and accept the fact that
 > Juniper is the new Cisco.

Excuse me ? Cisco in vast majority of new products is way much better
now. Yes historically there was an issue with IOS, but AFAIK that has
been also fixed now.

* Look at highly dedicated XR team with an excellent and really
technical leadership which knows exactly what they are doing (Hint: Just
compare Prefix Independent Convergence capability);

* Look at top class in the industry ASR family of routers (Hint: ask
your Juniper rep about number of bgp routes they can deal with on the
top line of the router and then compare with ASR basic capability)

* Look at their procket OS based storage product line ...

Or at the end look which company offers you no technology religion into
which (if any) encapsulation you as the customer want to choose for your
services.

One company may offer you wide choice of GRE, L2TPv3, IPinIP or MPLS
encapsulations all at line rate where all services you want to offer can
run equally well on any of them while perhaps the other one may just
lock you to the only one 4 letter encap type they are capable to offer.

 > It isn't 1999 any more, and Juniper isn't the same company. Stop
 > expecting superior products, that isn't the business model any more.
 > :(

You couldn't say it any better !

Cheers,
R.

PS: On the topic of the future of EX-series I will at this point refrain
from commenting on the public list :).