[j-nsp] BFD between Cisco - Juniper when FRR is enabled does not torn down primary tunnel

Robert Kern cj11st at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 18:16:00 EDT 2009

Hi David,

we were using both version 9.2 and 9.4 with mpls oam feature, but as fas as
I know Cisco does not support this functionality. For testing BFD we teared
down logical interface, so the meaning of BFD actually come in place
(physical port stayed up).

On Cisco side I saw that BFD actually trigered FRR, but on Juniper side
primary Tunnel stayed up - it actually didn't come down. According to
documentation BFD should triger also FRR to torn primary tunnel down.

Am I missing some configuration? How to configure BFD for RSVP - I found
only BFD for MPLS (oam)?

Regards,

Robert