[j-nsp] v6 BGP Policy Bug?

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Apr 14 22:53:40 EDT 2009

On Wednesday 15 April 2009 10:19:24 am Stacy W. Smith wrote:

> Are you certain you don't see this same behavior for an
> IPv4 BGP export policy?

Yes, perhaps that's the bug :-). I'll take a closer look at
it and figure out what's going on. We only have one or two
of these policies. It's more than the exception than the
norm.

> I believe what you describe is
> the expected behavior and is consistent across all (or at
> least most) applications of routing policy on JUNOS.

Indeed - I was aware of this when setting up a routing
policy for IS-IS, but looking at this issue and the fact
that the v4 session wasn't exhibiting this "normal"
behaviour (which I'll investigate deeper), I guess I thought
BGP handles this more specifically.

The policy framework documentation does confirm this
behaviour, and clearly, it is protocol independent.

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,

Mark.