[j-nsp] MX240 irb/virtual switch configuration

Joe Abley jabley at hopcount.ca
Fri Apr 17 14:43:16 EDT 2009

Hey all,

I'm trying to set up a virtual switch in an MX240 which will include
sixteen untagged gigabit interfaces on a 20GE+2x10GE DPCE-R, and an
irb interface so that the router can maintain a layer-3 interface on
that (virtual) switch fabric.

This seems like a really simple thing to want to do, and I've run
through the docs and configuration multiple times but have yet to see
the router being able to ping a GE-connected host.

Router is running 9.5R1.8-domestic.

This is what I tried. What did I do wrong?

Joe

interfaces {
     ge-0/0/1 {
         description d1.lab1;