[j-nsp] Juniper M20 LACP oddness.

Jonathan Call lordsith49 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 24 17:11:04 EDT 2009

Thank you for the prompt response.

Why do you believe this is a hash settings issue? The egress load seems evenly distributed between the two active interfaces. When the ae0 interface plateaus at 1Gbps , both physical interfaces plateau at  ~500Mbps.   I've also read that layer-4 hashing can be CPU/memory intensive. Would just layer-3 be sufficient?

The other end is a Cisco, but since this issue is with egress traffic I don't really think that is important, unless I do change the load-balancing settings.

Jonathan