[j-nsp] Juniper M20 LACP oddness.

Felix SchŸueren felix.schueren at hosteurope.de
Sat Apr 25 02:42:30 EDT 2009

> The other end is a Cisco, but since this issue is with egress traffic
>
> I don't really think that is important, unless I do change the
> load-balancing settings.
what kind of Cisco? We used to have a problem with an older 8-port
Gigabit Cisco Catalyst, 3xxx (which we really just used as a converter
from SX to LX) that would not, ever, push more than ~600 Mbps even
though it claimed "10 Gbit Backplane" and we were only using two ports.

We finally figured it out applying cisco math:

"10 Gbit Backplane" = 5 Gbit full-duplex divided by 8 ports = 625 Mbit
per Port per direction.

Kind regards,

Felix

--
Felix Schüren
Head of NOC

Host Europe GmbH - http://www.hosteurope.de
Welserstraße 14 - D-51149 Köln - Germany
Telefon: (0800) 4 67 83 87 - Telefax: (01805) 66 32 33
HRB 28495 Amtsgericht Köln - UST ID DE187370678
Geschäftsführer:
Uwe Braun - Alex Collins - Mark Joseph - Patrick Pulvermüller