[j-nsp] ex4200 throughput trouble on 10GE interface

masood at nexlinx.net.pk masood at nexlinx.net.pk
Wed Aug 5 11:47:30 EDT 2009

this can be an indication of faulty hardware or dot1q trunking
configuration issues. on cisco boxes oversize counter, count number of
packets received by the port from the network, where the packets were more
than 1514 bytes. for 802.1Q trunk links you will notice this. is this a
trunk link?

Regards,
Masood
Blog: http://weblogs.com.pk/jahil/

> I've disabled flow control when thoroughput fall occured again. That
> didn't
> help, but I investigated new information. On cisco side I have noticed
> oversize errors on 10G interface, about 2000 per second. After juniper
> reboot there are no such errors. So I dive into reading about this errors.
> Any
> help appreciated.
>
> 2009/8/5 Michael Schedrin <mschedrin at gmail.com>
>
>> That shounds a bit depressive. A couple days ago I set up vstp to
>> communicate with cisco pvst+. Vstp was introduced in junos 9.4. Anyway
>> thanks for information, I'll try to roll back to 9.4 firstly.
>>
>> 2009/8/5 Malte von dem Hagen <mvh at hosteurope.de>
>>
>> Hi,

>>> hear
>>>
>>> we ran into several severe bugs on our EX switches, regarding different
>>> functions (aggregated ethernet, virtual chassis, spanning tree etc.
>>> etc.)
>>> and
>>> got that recommendation from our Juniper SE. That statement is some
>>> weeks/months
>>> old though, so I can't say if the situation changed.
>>>
>>> You can read some discussions about that topic in the mailing list
>>> archives.
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>>
>>> .m
>>>

>> --