[j-nsp] router protect policy

Chris Morrow morrowc at ops-netman.net
Thu Aug 6 10:31:23 EDT 2009

On Thu, 6 Aug 2009, Pekka Savola wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Aug 2009, Chris Morrow wrote:
>> as a base-level question... why are these 'standard firewall filter'
>> features NOT supported on what is a 'standard juniper' platform?
>>
>> if you need/want these, open bugs. it's silly that these aren't supported.
>
> JTAC folks will just refer you to some obscure page that mentions this (or
> should mention this but currently doesn't and suggest you file a doc PR that
> will be implemented in 9 months) and ask you to open an ER case or talk to
> your sales guy.  "This isn't supported but it should be" doesn't seem to fly
> well in JTAC at least based on my experience.

Sorry, I should have phrased my statement differently:
(thanks Pekka for making me re-think my statement)

"I have opened bugs against this lack of feature. Juniper will likely (and
has mostly) said: 'You are the only nut asking for this.' So, please if
you want these features open your own PR's and complain that becoming
Cisco isn't a smart move for Juniper." (you can of course be more
diplomatic about it... but unless more people who spend money with
Juniper ask for this we all are out of luck.)

-Chris