[j-nsp] lsp required for vpls?

Kari Asheim ka at mork.no
Thu Aug 6 13:11:37 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 12:35:18PM -0400, Simon Chen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I read in the VPN configuration guide that LSPs between PEs are
> required for VPLS. However, I am able to establish a VPLS setup using
> LDP signalling, but without MPLS-LSP between PEs.
>
> Does anyone know why? My guess is that LSP is only required if you're
> going for the BGP signalling, but not required if you're doing LDP.
> Can anyone clarify this?

This is from the documentation for Configuring LDP-Signaled LSPs

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos-security/junos-security95/junos-security-swconfig-interfaces-and-routing/mpls-config-editor-section.html#configure-ldp-section

You need LSPs between PEs.  You can use RSVP or LDP to signal these.

Kari