[j-nsp] monitor interface rate

Dan Farrell danno at appliedi.net
Thu Aug 13 10:24:19 EDT 2009

Cacti has plugins written by the community- one of them is known as 'thold' or 'threshold'. When installed in the cacti application, it can be set to monitor and alert when a low or high threshold on a counter is met. This can be done on anything cacti is monitoring (CPU, interface throughput, errors, etc.)

The alerting is done via email or syslog, and you can set alerting for recoveries.

Dan