[j-nsp] default route in forwarding-instance

Nugroho WH Adisubrata adisubrata at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 06:00:18 EDT 2009

Hi Noah,

When you are using FBF, the packet will be dropped if the next-hop is
unreachable i.e next-hop interface going down.

You can split up 0.0.0.0/0 routes become 2 subnets 0.0.0.0/1 and 128.0.0.0/1.
So you will need 3 static routes in the FBF instance, destination to
0.0.0.0/1 and 128.0.0.0/1 with same next-hop and static route to destination
to 0.0.0.0/0 with another next-hop for redundancy purposes.

Hope this would help.

Rgrds,
Nugroho