[j-nsp] default route in forwarding-instance

Admin admin at enabled.com
Fri Aug 14 16:15:57 EDT 2009

Hi there,

I am wondering how I can configure JUNOS to provide the proper
forwarding that is necessary for an application I am working on.  I am
matching source and destination in a firewall rule and placing specific
matching packets in the FORWARD instance.  What if the next-hop no
longer is usable I suppose the packets will be dropped.  How can I
resort to the inet.0 table if 0/0 in the routing-instance becomes
unusable?  I realize there is qualified-next-hop but that requires a
next-hop IP and therefore reduces a more dynamic next-hop choice.

Ideas?

--- snip ---

FORWARD {
     instance-type forwarding;