[j-nsp] Juniper Netscreen and Riverbed Steelhead Autodiscovery

Anh Khoa Le Viet lvakhoa at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 23:34:46 EDT 2009

Hi Experts,

Is anybody here experience with Netscreen and Riverbed? Could you please
have a look with this issue and give your advise?
 We are deploying some Riverbed SteelHead all over the regions and will use
the Auto-discovery feature of SteelHead (based on TCP Options 76 and 78).
I'm wondering whether our Firewalls which are Netscreen can allow the TCP
packets (here is the SYN packets) that can come through and do not strip out
the TCP options in the SYN packet (like Cisco ASA and PIX does)? Are there
any documents that mentions about this? Does Netscreen do the same as Cisco
ASA or leave the TCP Options as it is?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best Regards,
Khoa