[j-nsp] ISIS Adjacency Problems

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Thu Dec 3 12:16:10 EST 2009

On Friday 04 December 2009 12:53:48 am Felix Schueren wrote:

> I've had similiar trouble with getting ISIS adjacencies
>  up vs a Foundry device - the ipv6 capability should be
>  "optional" (as in multiprotocol bgp sessions) - if you
>  have a juniper box with "no-ipv6-routing"; it will
>  happily form adjacencies with other junipers doing v4 &
>  v6. Many other vendors (at least Foundry and apparently
>  MRV) will not - I ended up having to configure an ipv6
>  address on the foundry device as well as doing isis ipv6
>  configuration, even though it's really unneeded.

At least you could do that; you're probably working with
classic platforms prior to the purchase from Brocade.

In their newer platforms (which I can't name since we're
still lab'ing), v6 is still unsupported. So you have no
choice but to disable v6 support for IS-IS on JUNOS, or
disable adjacency checks on Brocade, if available.

Cheers,

Mark.