[j-nsp] show route advertising-protocol on IPv6 peers

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Wed Dec 16 11:16:30 EST 2009

On Wednesday 16 December 2009 11:39:40 pm Daniel Verlouw
wrote:

> has anyone ever seen the behaviour below? I've been going
>  back and forth with JTAC for months now without any
>  result (which seems to be the norm nowadays...). We just
>  upgraded a few M-series boxes from 9.3 to 9.5R3 and the
>  issue still persists. It seems the issue was introduced
>  in one of the earlier 9.x releases.
>
> daniel at XXXXX> show route advertising-protocol bgp <ipv6
>  neighbor> error: timeout communicating with routing
>  daemon

We've never seen this issue before. We have about 95% of our
M7i/M10i routers running JUNOS 9.3R2.8, all with a full v6
table, no issues.

The other 5% are running JUNOS 9.4R1.8 (yuk!), all with a
full v6 table, no issues either.

Control plane is an RE-850 with 1.5GB of DRAM, if that helps
any.

Cheers,

Mark.