[j-nsp] Sampling Traffic --- Urgent

Uttam Shrestha Rana uttam.shrestha.rana at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 11:00:40 EST 2009

Dear Steinar,

Thank your for your kind help.

The topic sampling traffic from juniper is somewhat confusing to me and
exploring myself that may be causing some problem on defining my issue
correctly.

Still some more thing to get help from experts like you and from J-nsp

Actually my scenario is like this:

On my Juniper M10i JUNOS 9.2, the two interfaces where our upstream provier
is connected we have enabled sampling and flow collector is connected on
 Now the question is:
1) Interfaces where upstream providers are connected, input and output
sampling has enabled, is it a best practice or not?
2)In sampling forwarding options, I have configured cflowd destination
(203.XX.XX.2) a collector server IP, with the source IP of interface C. Is
it a best practice if i kept the source IP as the interface C (collector
connected interface 203.xx.xx.1) or not ?  If i don't specify the source IP
address then what can be the result?

Thank You

Regards,
Uttam