[j-nsp] tagged traffic on EX access port

Malte von dem Hagen mvh at hosteurope.de
Wed Dec 23 13:23:45 EST 2009

Dan,

Am 23.12.09 18:32 schrieb Dan Farrell:
> It's the second stipulation that I have a problem with- we have a server
> with VPS's hosted that are all currently using the same VLANID- but on the server
> (win2k8-dc) since there is only a single vlan defined on the port, it remains as
> access, not trunk.

> I messed with "vlan-tagging" on the physical interface, and it apparently
> will not play with 'family ethernet-switching' on the unit 0 of the interface, and
> demands that unit 0 take a vlan-id of 0 (not the vlan-id of the VPS'). It looks
> like most of that functionality is put together for tunneling (not for our
> operations).

what exactly do you want to do? It's not yet clear to me.

Anyway, you seem to mix up "vlan-tagging", which is a JunOS-Option for L3-ports,
and "port-mode trunk", which does quite the same for L2-ports (below "family
ethernet-switching"). On the EX, you can of course configure a trunk-port with
just one VLAN, if that's what you want do do.

Kind regards,

Malte
--
Malte v. dem Hagen
Teamleitung Network Engineering & Operation

(*) 0,14 EUR/Min. aus dem dt. Festnetz, Mobilfunkpreise ggf. abweichend