[j-nsp] Upgrade from M10i?

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Feb 3 13:07:24 EST 2009

On Wednesday 04 February 2009 01:47:47 am Eric Van Tol
wrote:

> I can't see how
> it's worth taking up two DPC slots to do so, unless you
> have slots to burn and *really really really* need to
> throw a SONET PIC into it to satisfy a particular part of
> your network design that can't be satisfied throwing an
> add'l router in at a fraction of the cost.

I agree - I, too, think that if a particular deployment will
involve a lot more Ethernet connectivity, but require the
odd SONET/SDH link here and there, I'd be more inclined to
have a POS-capable box on the side just for this, than burn
two or more DPC slots; perhaps more so for us because at the
moment, it still makes more sense for us to go with 2x
MX480's in some deployments, rather than one huge MX960.

Cheers,

Mark.