[j-nsp] Upgrade from M10i?

Bjørn Tore Paulen bt at paulen.net
Thu Feb 5 15:12:36 EST 2009

We are doing multicast on MX480 platform. It works .. Somehow.  Has been a
*lot* of bugs on the releases prior to 9.2R3, some of them quite severe. The
ones we have been bitten by were typically regarding IRB and IGMP
capability. Still we see some strange behaviour. We are running mc in vrf.

We have replaced >1 REs already due to hardware problems. We have to replace
32 PSUs because of a hardware issue.

Most of the issues we have seen have been resolved.

My gut feeling is that we went for this a bit too early. But when it works,
it's a dream of a box.

/BT