[j-nsp] Policed discards

Samit janasamit at wlink.com.np
Tue Feb 10 01:05:19 EST 2009

Hi Nilesh/Jeff

My Cisco config

spanning-tree portfast bpdufilter default

interface GigabitEthernet0/1
 description To Juniper ge-0/0/0 PE-1GE-SX-B
 port-type nni
 switchport access vlan 2
 no keepalive
 media-type sfp
 speed nonegotiate
 no cdp enable
 spanning-tree portfast
end

interface GigabitEthernet0/5
 description To Juniper ge-1/3/0 inbuilt
 port-type nni
 switchport access vlan 3
 media-type sfp
 speed nonegotiate
 no cdp enable
 no keepalive
 spanning-tree portfast
end

The Police discards counter now increases by 1 in every 30-40secs
interval in ge-0/0/0 but I still see it. But I don't think i really need
to worry much, do I? because I don't see any packet loss.

Regards,
Samit