[j-nsp] transfer between 2 ns2000's is slow

Brad Henshaw brad.henshaw at qcn.com.au
Wed Feb 11 23:10:21 EST 2009

-
> router2 - fw2 - host 2

> I can blast udp across this pipe without a problem, but tcp
> traffic seems to be limited to about 3 mbyte/s -- I can make
> multiple sessions that are all transferring at this speed, but
> no individual session will go over that "limit"

Could be a limitation on throughput due to TCP window size.
This might be what you referred to in your follow-up post.

Google 'tcp bandwidth delay product'.

Just to clarify - that's 25ms RTT (not one-way latency) and 3MBps
(not 3Mbps) throughput, right?

A packet capture will verify the window size being used by
the TCP sessions.

Regards,
Brad