[j-nsp] Missing SNMP trapping

Patrik Olsson polsson at juniper.net
Fri Feb 13 03:32:44 EST 2009

Hello!

What JUNOS version are you running?

I a while ago performed tests on a M120 running JUNOS 8.5. SNMP and
trapping was not the main objective, but I could see that trapping for
routing worked.

And of course your objects in SNMPc have the trap community SNMPc set?
(sorry for asking this stupid question).

Cheers
Patrik

--

>Has anyone here had problems setting up their Juniper router m120 to
report proper SNMP traps, specifically relating to routing protocols?
We're looking to receive SNMP trap notifications on BGP session
up/down states, and OSPF up/down states.  We have setup the router
with the full compliment of categories but only receive up to this
point PIC power on/off states traps and SONET related traps.

We have the following configured;

snmp {
    community 123456;
    trap-options {