[j-nsp] Build a GRE tunnel on VRRP routers

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Tue Feb 24 00:52:54 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 05:15:27PM +0100, Sean Clarke wrote:
> Not as a protocol to bring down the GRE tunnel.
>
> You can use OSPF with BFD though and make the tunnel endpoints known via
> OSPF.
> I know it's not ideal, but it'll work.

Or you can use BFD on static routes that nail up the tunnel endpoints.

On another note, does anyone know if Juniper has any plans to implement
BFD echo mode support? Would sure be nice to be able to use BFD even if
the other side doesn't support it, which is unfortunately still almost
everyone in a inter-network role.