[j-nsp] ex4200 static arp

Derick Winkworth dwinkworth at att.net
Mon Jan 19 19:35:29 EST 2009

It is also how checkpoint firewalls work in a multicast cluster...
Except they don't reply to arps with a multicast address...  I believe
the requirement is that you have to create a static arp entry.

The issue with JUNOS is that a static arp entry (even one with a
mutlicast mac address) can only be tied to a single interface... it
would be more useful if it could mapped to multiple interfaces or a
whole VLAN.