[j-nsp] Update on M7

Stefan Fouant sfouant at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 14:25:06 EST 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Kevin Oberman <oberman at es.net> wrote:

> suggest adding a flash card for the improved reliability. A 1 GB Compact
> Flash card from a major supplier should run less than $50. I think the
> last ones we bought were only about $35.

Not to get off topic, but out of curiousity, does purchasing a CF from an
outside vendor and for that matter any type of memory for the Routing Engine
invalidate the support contract from Juniper?  We were recently planning to
upgrade the memory on a bunch of our M7i's...  we could have purchased the
required memory from Tiger directfor approximately $50 per DIMM... the same
memory directly from Juniper was roughly $1800 per DIMM, even after
discount!  Ouch!
--
Stefan