[j-nsp] DHCP Proxy client on E320

Truman Boyes truman at suspicious.org
Mon Jul 6 14:57:09 EDT 2009

Hi,

You can have the external DHCP server have two different pools and it
can key off the src address or src mac of the BRAS. Take a look at the
man page for ISC DHCPD. Search for address pools and subclasses.

An example of subclasses:

        class "allocation-class-1" {
          match pick-first-value (option dhcp-client-identifier,
hardware);
        }

        class "allocation-class-2" {
          match pick-first-value (option dhcp-client-identifier,
hardware);
        }

        subclass "allocation-class-1" 1:8:0:2b:4c:39:ad;
        subclass "allocation-class-2" 1:8:0:2b:a9:cc:e3;
        subclass "allocation-class-1" 1:0:0:c4:aa:29:44;

        subnet 10.0.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
          pool {
            allow members of "allocation-class-1";
            range 10.0.0.11 10.0.0.50;