[j-nsp] MPLS RSVP

Jeff Cadwallader wompus at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 07:57:03 EDT 2009

Currently we have a small network of 3 Cisco 7206 routers running MPLS using
LDP as the distribution protocol and we are replacing them with Juniper
MXseries routers. In designing and planning the replacement of this network
I've been told that I should go ahead and configure the network (Including
the Cisco's) with RSVP as the label distribution protocol because Juniper
cannot run LDP and RSVP side by side. Since the routers are being replaced
over a couple of weeks (they are geographically separated) I would prefer to
bring everything up with LDP talking to the existing Cisco's and the
Implementing RSVP afterwords on the Juniper. Does this sound like a good
plan or do I need to implement RSVP when the first MX goes into place?

Jeff
wompus at gmail.com