[j-nsp] MPLS RSVP

masood at nexlinx.net.pk masood at nexlinx.net.pk
Thu Jul 16 09:21:20 EDT 2009

"because Juniper cannot run LDP and RSVP side by side" who said this?

Please don't tell to our juniper routers; might stop doing that :)

Yea, you configure LDP talking to the existing Cisco's and then
implementing RSVP afterwords on the Juniper. you can deploy rsvp only on
per link basis between all routers in the mpls core. This will allow the
fast rerouting of traffic around a failure of link or node in the core
while also minimizing the amount of configuration required, thn you can
consider one-hop RSVP LSPs as well.

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junose10.0/information-products/topic-collections/swconfig-bgp-mpls/ldp-over-rsvp-te.html

Regards,
Masood