[j-nsp] EX native-vlan-id for transmitting untagged frames?

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Wed Jul 22 18:59:36 EDT 2009

I'm trying to configure a port on an EX4200 to send tagged frames for
1 or more VLANs, and untagged frames for the "native" VLAN.  For
example:

[edit interfaces ge-1/0/11]
unit 0 {
    family ethernet-switching {
        port-mode trunk;
        vlan {
            members [ 80 92 ];
        }
        native-vlan-id 80;
    }
}

In this example, I want VLAN 92 frames to be transmitted with an
802.1q tag of 92, and VLAN 80 frames to be transmitted without any tag
at all.

The documentation for "native-vlan-id" seems to suggest that the
statement only affects received frames, not transmitted ones:

"Configure the VLAN identifier to associate with untagged packets