[j-nsp] ERX 1400 & DPFE Card

Dr Rocco DiSanto drdisanto at directus.net
Thu Jul 23 23:35:22 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I hope some knowledgeable individual can give me some guidance on an ERX
1410 question....

I have a DPFE Line card & I/O which boots correctly under version 2.61(yea
I'm not kidding it's really that old) however when I attempt to move the
line card & I/O to a chassis with OS ver 5.1.3 it does not come up.

A "Show version" command indicates the card is booting but it never
completes (and never fails). The mem on the line card under 2.6.1 showes to
be 64 Meg.

I know the Dual Port Fast Ether line card is EOL with version 7.x but I only
need to get it to 5.1.3 right now.

Can anyone tell me what my issue might be?

Does the card require 128 Meg of mem to boot under 5.1.3?

Any guidance would be most appreciated.

Thanks for your consideration,

Rocco