[j-nsp] ERX 1400 & DPFE Card

Truman Boyes truman at suspicious.org
Fri Jul 24 07:17:52 EDT 2009

Hi,

Wow that is old; I remember when 2.X came out for JUNOSe (UNISON as
the time). There may be an issue in the upgrade process for such an
old card. You can always console the line card directly (with a
straight through ribbon cable or even a regular ethernet cable on the
diag port if you remove a faceplate next to the line card) ...

Then when the card is booting up it should show where it is failing.
Likely it is during the POST or diag steps.

Check out juniper KB 1760 which might be the issue. I remember this
issue well, when upgrading to 3.2.X ....

If this is not the issue, you still will find more information that
will lead you down the right path if you console the card. Also, it
will certainly be good if you can upgrade the memory to at least 128MB.

Kind regards,
Truman