[j-nsp] Problem with firewall m-series

Tom Mayer wellknown at gmx.net
Tue Jul 28 09:40:16 EDT 2009

Hi,

I just started with an m10 and setting up some firewall rules.

I know that default deny and permitting each individual service seems
the best way to go. But my problem is the following filter:

term 1 {
    from {
        destination-address {
            192.168.100.0/23;
        }
        protocol-except tcp;
        destination-port-except 8935;
    }
    then {
        discard;
    }
}
term 2 {
    then accept;
}

I want on this link subnet 192.168.100.0/23 only tcp traffic on port
8935 allowed.
On all other subnets, any traffic should be allowed.

It seems that udp traffic on port 8935 to subnet 192.168.100.0/23 is
allowed when applied this filter.

May anybody tell me the right syntax for:  "traffic to 192.168.100.0/23,
only tcp on port 8935 allowed. everything else for this destination is
discarded. everything else on this link is allowed."
I am applying the filter on the downlink interface as output.

Thanks, Tom