[j-nsp] Virtual IP Routing

Chris Grundemann cgrundemann at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 10:09:55 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 04:30, Muhammad Atif
Jauahar<atif.jauhar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have two servers (one in production, and second in DR site). They are
> automatically sync with eachother. One Virtual IP bind to both side. These
> servers have IP Address from two differnet  /24 subnet and place in two
> different cities. Client access there Virtual IP.If Production Server goes
> down, at backend they are accessing DR Site. Client have no visibility to
> which server they are connecting. Kindly let me know How can I perform
> routing of Virtual IP, there are Layer-3 network between them (i.e. Routers,
> MPLS backbone and OSPF)

Assuming that the VIP is part of a /24 or larger which you have
permission to route, it should be fairly simple to just announce it to
your provider via BGP.

You may need to create an aggregate or generated route for the network
that the VIP is a pert of and then use policy to announce that via
BGP.

If you provide a bit more detail on your topology I am sure I or
someone else here could give you a pretty good config example...

~Chris

>  Regards,
>
> Atif.

Chris Grundemann